Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:13:16 EDT
From: JBHashem@domain.elided
Subject: E28 M5 not running smooth
Hi all,
Help me troubleshoot this one:  My 88 E28 M5 is, for lack of better terms
"popping", "sputtering" mostly when downshifting.  I can smell gas when I
first start the engine and a bit of smoke appears too (not oil burning).
One
person offered that I change the plugs and wires and another says that I
have
an imbalance in the air/fuel mixture.  Please help me out.  I am
mechanically
challenged, but will attempt the fix myself...John

- ---
Rodney Moore
BMW CCA #86830
Golden Gate Chapter