Question on Dinan Equipped M3

I have been looking for an M3, and located a '98 with 21K miles (the
exterior paintis tecno-violet, but I can live with it).  It has the "Dinan"
emblem on the left rear trunk, and the dealer selling the car said the car
consists of $6K of Dinan upgrades, which were installed by a BMW dealer
authorized to do these upgrades, but was not more specific.  I do assume
that part of the upgrade is the chip.

My questions are:

1.  Does anyone know what these upgrades consist of?

2.  Should I consider them as a value-added feature for the price of the
car (they are asking $36K), or conversely, subtract from the value of the
car?  Is the price reasonable?

3.  Will these upgrades require extra maintenance costs in the future?

Any info you may wish to contribute would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Lofgren
lofgren@domain.elided