Re: e28 - rear-end shake/vibration & spark plug gap ques.

  I have the same problem with my 86 535i,  I just replaced the center drive
shaft bearing, the drive shaft center bushing (at the flexible disk), the
unversal joints were ok.  The center bering was also properly preloaded.

   As far as the spark plugs, From what I have read, it is best to stick
with the stock plugs.  The platinum plugs and the other more recent types
plugs are for the more modern cars with the high voltage ignition systems.
I would like to hear what your resolution was for the vibration problem.
Thanks.

giln1oiw@domain.elided
86 535i  182,000