M3 rear tire wear

I have a 97 M3 and the rears definitely wear faster than the fronts. I've have
60,000 miles on the car now, almost all freeway miles, and I drive quite
spiritedly usually. My first set of rears lasted about 30,000 and the second
pair about the same and are getting close to being replaced. In that time, I'm
on my second pair of fronts which still have about 2/3 their tread life left.
I've always had the stock Pilots in stock sizes on the car. I rarely would do
a burnout, but I do drive the car like it should be driven, the backend can
come out when you want, I've always attributed that to the tire wear.