E30 Turn signal problem/ Instruments inop issues

All:
Just bought a nice 2 owner 325ES, 86 model and will be working a few of the
bugs out. Right now I need to get turn signals working, will consult Bentley
when I return home but in the mean time here is what I know.
4 ways work fine so the bulbs are fine, left turn signal does not work,
light in dash does not come on and right works fine with light bulb flashing
but flashing too fast. I suspect the relay. Dash bulbs work fine with 4 ways
on.
SI batteries must be toast as the SI lights are on all the time. I have no
Tach or Temp gage. I plan to pull the instrument panel and check the Ni-Cads
and replace with 1.2V replacements after making sure they are charged.
I will look at resoldering the tach and temp gage but hold little hope here.
I have contacted three VDO instrument rebuilders and would like to know if
anyone has used a good rebuilder that is good but offers fair prices.
Many other little problems but car is solid and rust free from Florida.
Resoldered a speedo that failed on another e30 325es and the tack works part
of the time. Must be on the right track and will resolder all connections
and report back. Also any good sources of suppliers for these instruments.
Sorry for the bandwidth but others with the e30 has the same problems.
Thanks
Brad Purvis
97 M-3
92 318is