Re: Soggy 2000 323i

The problem is in the fire wall behind the ecu.. . be carefull there are
draining holes under your windshield whipers assembly. if you park under
trees, those draining holes get clogged and water accumulates... it can get
as bad as water getting on the ecu....(not water proofed)....
my dealer fixed mine and charged me an arm in labor but i was busy and
could not do it myself....
those holes in the carpet are for the old mat locking system where the mats
were screwed in the padding below.... now they use velcro....
good luck... maybe someone else here in the digest knows more about
clearing those drains...

Nicolas Roman
Senior Engineering Consultant
North Miami Beach, FL.

                    "Frank Natoli"
                    <frankn@crystal.p        To:     "BMW Digest" <bmw@domain.elided>
                    alace.net>               cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Soggy 2000 323i
                    owner-bmw@digest.
                    net

                    05/31/2001 11:56
                    AM

Carpeting on my 323i is very wet after driving in rains of late last
week in northern NJ. Did not leave windows, doors or moonroof open, nor
drive with anything ajar. Discovered that floor mats, installed by
dealer, have velcro pads but the carpet does NOT have matching velcro.
Instead, holes in the carpet and floor pan to accept the velcro pads
stare back at me. Question is: do these holes have access to the
outside? Could water spraying underneath the vehicle travel through
those holes? Dealer says no. Thanks.

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic22648.gif]
- --