Soggy 2000 323i

Carpeting on my 323i is very wet after driving in rains of late last
week in northern NJ. Did not leave windows, doors or moonroof open, nor
drive with anything ajar. Discovered that floor mats, installed by
dealer, have velcro pads but the carpet does NOT have matching velcro.
Instead, holes in the carpet and floor pan to accept the velcro pads
stare back at me. Question is: do these holes have access to the
outside? Could water spraying underneath the vehicle travel through
those holes? Dealer says no. Thanks.