Micro Air Filter Replacement

Scott,
I would not follow the Bentley manual on this one.  If memory serves me
right, Bentley recommends removal of the glove box.  There is no need to do
that.  Just look underneath the glove box and you will see two vertical
screws that hold the lowest portion of the dashboard area to the large
horizontal panel that covers the bottom footwell vents.  After removing the
screws, take out the large panel.  You will see the plastic housing for the
footwell vents.  Grab it, wiggle it and take it out.  Then look around the
area that falls immediately behind the center console, close to the firewall.
 You will see a round handle that you twist to open the panel that houses the
microfilter.  If the microfilter has been replaced before, you can pull it
out in three "separate-but-attached" pieces.  If you look at the new
microfilter, you will see two break off tabs along the plastic frame.  This
is so that you can bend the frame while inserting into the housing.  30
seconds of jiggling and pushing should have the new filter in place.  Put the
cover, replace the vents, replace the large panel, put the two screws, look
at the old filter and see all the junk that has accumulated and be happy that
these cars protect you from those crap particulates in the air we breathe.

Happy motoring!

Gary Krumian