RE: Changing the Cabin Air Filter Element on E36

scott wrote:
>needed, just the usual dousing with gas.  I read my service manual on how to
>replace the cabin air filter and it's sounds tough, plus the manual has no
>pics to help you figure out what the text means.  Can anyone tell me if the
>Bentley manual goes into better detail?  Are there any tricks that make the
>filter replacement easier?

there are two links to writeups on microfilter replacement from ron stygar's
page at:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/bmw_e36.html

the hard part of replacing the filter is accessing it.  the frame of
the new filter usually comes with perforations so it can be cracked into
sections that can be "threaded" into the filter housing bit by bit.

while i don't remember if the bentley has good pictures specifically for
the filter replacement, it is generally a good reference if you do much
work on your car.

fuel filter replacement is straightforward and doesn't require any special
tools or procedures.

dan
88 325is
96 M3