Re: Mismatched size tires on E39?

> Since she already has snows, I was going summer-only tires with decent wet
> performance.  I've used and liked the S-02 Pole Positions before and will
> be picking up another set.

Good choice.

> My question to the list.  Is it possible to fit stock 225/55-16s on the
> front with stock rims and oversized 245/50-16s on the back on stock rims?

Why?  Are you gaining anything by doing this?

Your wheels are - what - 16x7?  A 7in wheel is awfully narrow for a
245/50-16 tire.  The amount of grip lost through sidewall flex and
additional tread curvature would probably very neatly counteract the grip
gained through increased tread width.

> Will any of the electronic systems have a problem with the mismatched
> sizes?  (0.38% difference)

No.

John.