Re: Mismatched size tires on E39?

On 30 May 2001, John Miller wrote:

> > Since she already has snows, I was going summer-only tires with decent wet
> > performance.  I've used and liked the S-02 Pole Positions before and will
> > be picking up another set.
>
> Good choice.

Thanks.  It is a great tire on my S4.  Not the best dry traction you can
buy, but it's progressive at the limit.  Very good wet traction.  Decent
wear.  Given that I don't track the S4 the tire greatly exceeds anything I
can sanely do on the street.

> Your wheels are - what - 16x7?  A 7in wheel is awfully narrow for a

Dunno.  I was hoping to find someone who tried it on stock rims.  I
didn't bother measuring before I shot the question out to the list.

If it truly is 7" wide, I'll stick with the stock tire dimensions until my
wife feels the need for bigger rims.  The added traction gained by wider
rubber in the back isn't worth it if the sidewalls are at such an angle.

Maybe I can talk her into a nice set of 17" rims... (:

Thanks!

- - Matt