Shock absorber replacement - E36 coupe - MacPherson strut tools

Can anybody point me in the direction of tools to tighten the nut at the top
of the front damper rod (i.e. the nut you see under the bonnet/hood).  When
you tighten the nut, the rod turns too so I need some way of holding the rod.
What do these tools look like.  The old shock absorbers (BMW Sachs) had an
allen insert in the top of the rod (6mm across flats) whereas the new ones
(Bilstein) have two flats either side, approx. 8mm across flats....

TIA

Nick Pashley