RE: E36 325i coupe damper renewal

Hi Nick,

If you do not want to change your ride height, then I would recommend the
Bilstein HD versions. They will be somewhat firmer than the original, but
not harsh, particularly if you stay with the stock spring. I went with the
M3 sport monotube version along with H&R sport springs. I have yet to have a
problem with this setup, but the roads around here are pretty good. I had a
fellow digester ride with me yesterday and he liked it.

Suspension "feel" is such a hard thing to describe, and is very subjective.
Each person likes his suspension to do different things. Since you liked the
stock setup, you may be happy replacing with something closer to OEM
(Sachs?). I wanted firm. I got it :)

Good luck!
Butch
94 325is with M suspension (mostly)