RE: E36 - Swapping differentials

Unfortunately, I have no personal experience with this at all. The chart
shows that a 3.64 is available, but I don't know what car it was on since
the chart does not say.

If you are going to do a diff swap, be sure to get a limited slip. From
people that I have talked with, this makes a nice difference putting down
the power coming out of corners. There are some posts on
http://bimmerforums.com that talk about diff ratios and their impact. As I
remember it, anything higher than a 3.47 starts eating into the comfort
range on the freeway...and gas mileage, something that is a higher priority
these days. Just go there and do a search on "differential" or "diff". I am
pretty sure there was a thread about this just in the past couple of days.