e36: How long should I keep my car?

G'day folks!

I'm deperately looking for suggestions from 'experienced' BMW owners on how
long I should be keeping my car. Here's a quick description: I have a 1997 BMW
328i with 65,000 miles. It both runs and works great. I'm still making monthly
payments on this car. I have a powertrain warranty until 100,000 miles or
another 2 years, whichever comes first.

Now my question: How long should I keep this car? Should I keep it until the
junkyard has to come pick it up or should I not push my luck and trade it in
for something new with factory warranty.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Serge