Doing the right thing / What should I ask

Thank you for all your help,
This weekend my fiance's Dodge ignited again.  Her mother wanted to know why
she did'nt just buy my car (86 325). Kari (fiance) did'nt have what I was
aking for the car, but since her stepdad and I are tired of fixing the Dodge
from week to week I let her have the BMW for 2K.  I can still get my 1990 IS
and put the car I inherited from my uncle on the road, and I don't have to
worry about her driving a flammable piece of #@*% that needs work every week
just to run.

I'm about to switch the freon for her too.  Is it really worth it? (Yes I
took a loss on the car AND I'm putting money into it, she even mentioed
wanting a Jim C chip this weekend).

She got a ring and a car, I must really love her,
TIA
Adam