E36 Brakes

Recently replaced the brakes (rotors and pads) on my E30 and offered to help a friend with her E36 which is in need (brake sensor light came on).  I don't have a manual but wanted to know whether replacing the rotors and pads (front) is as straight forward on a '97 E36 (auto) as it is on the E30.  Any advice or links to refer to would be helpful.  Dealer insisted on replacement of all four corners - $900+ for all corners, sight unseen.  Worth some elbow grease wouldn't ya think???

Thanks.