"Who You Gonna Call?..." / Windshield Replacement, Marin County, CA

It had to happen sooner or later.  A wayward rock found a sweet spot
on my windshield while traveling on 101 North, heading up to Sears
Point Raceway this morning.  Produced a 12"+ in traveling crack on
the driver side.  Won't be able to ignore this one.

So, I'm a windshield replacement virgin.  Where are the best places
to go, and what are the pitfalls of windshield replacement?  Dealer?
Local glass shop? Auto body?  One of the traveling glass-shop-in-a
van?  And, is there a difference in materials used?

Thanks for your suggestions, feedback.

Jonathan
- --
Jonathan Schwartz,