<MISC> 85 535i Radio Problem

The radio from my '85 535i, an original BMW model CM5908 with the anti-theft
feature, after I disconnected it for repairs and re-installed it, will not
accept the 5-digit safety code, and thus will not work. As I've disconnected
it before and even repaired it, with no trouble come the time of punching in
the code, I'm baffled. Has anybody seen this problem and (better still) does
anybody know how to solve it? Any help will be appreciated.

David Morales
Nashville, TN
'85 535i
'85 318i