Sunroof won't open!

Last night I tried to open the sunroof on our 528e and I couldn't get it to
slide back.  This morning I looked at it again, and watched the roof while I
operated the buttons.  I noticed the rear would drop down as I believe it
should, but once it dropped, motion stopped but the motor was still humming.
I also noticed that when it is closed, the front left corner is just
slightly lower than the front right corner.

The Haynes manual doesn't touch on sunroofs; I'm sure the Bentley does, but
I have not yet purchased one.  Is there a simple way to adjust this?  Is the
low corner probably the culprit?  Is there a WWW resource that gives tech
info on sunroofs?

Incidentally, the sunroof tilts up properly.  It's just the drop-and-open
function that seems to be a problem.  There is nothing in the maintenance
records about this being a problem in the past.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco