318i > 325i

ive been lucky enough to find an E30 325i engine with only 80,000 fully
documented kms. Im going to drop this ino my 1984 318i.
If anyone has done this conversion before, could you please tell me of your
experience and any pitfalls to look out for.
The engine is coming with harness/computer but im going to need a different
manual gearbox and tailshaft,radiator etc etc etc. Some of the wreckers are
confused as to what gearbox it has due to some pick up sensor? The car was an
auto 1988 model so i cant use that transmission. Has to be a stick.
Thanks
Michael St.Clair