E46 325i impromptu airbag deployment

Hello all,

I had heard mention of this  previously on the  uucdigest, but I  just came
across
a claim  at work today that involved  improper airbag deployment on a 2001
325i
sedan. The airbag deployed without any impact to the car according to the
driver
(who states she swerved and then hit a curb because the airbag  deployment
scared her).

As I understand there is a recall on this..  so  if you know anyone who owns
an E46
3 series you may want to recommend they contact the dealer.. In this claim
there
was no injury as there was no passenger in the vehicle..  With respect to the
car, the
right front wheel was damaged and an alignment needed.

Mark Williams
Dallas, TX
91 ///M3 2.5L