ambient temp sensor ?'s

Hello again everyone,
Thanks to reply's from previous inquiries on the digest, I have discovered
that the reason my obc says its -22F degrees outside is because I don't have
a temp sensor in my front spoiler.  After looking into this I have traced
down the appropriate wires and they have been cut, and it looks like the %$&*
mechanic (using that term loosely) cut the wiring harness above the
connector.  They want almost $60 for this doo-dad at the dealership, but I've
yet to source on-line places yet.  The question is, do I need to replace the
harness as well, or can I just solder the new one into the harness?  I
suspect that the computer is very sensitive to the resistance in this
circuit, and if I shorten or lengthen the wires from stock, I won't get an
accurate reading when I'm done.  Any guesses?  Anybody have an extra one for
cheap?
This is for a car with a production date of 6/88.  It was a 325i originally,
but has the 'is' spoiler now.
On the same thread,  the obc alarm horn's wires were also cut, but I still
have that part bolted to the car.  So I tried re-connecting the appropriate
wires, and getting the alarm to go off,  all I got was the sound of a relay
clicking underneath the steering column.  I intead to chase down the relay
eventually, but is there anywhere else I should be looking?  Not a big
concern really, but I would like it to work if it will for cheap.
Thanks in advance,
Jake Hahn
89 325i(is?)