magnecor wires. Thanks for comments

Thanks for all your replies. I'll be posting my
experience with the wires once I get them and have run
them for a while. I got a few replies this time round
and the general consensus is that the wires are fine
for BMW's and are at least no worse than stock. As for
better than new stock wires, I doubt that anyone would
be able to tell the difference, unless they were
trying to run a race modified engine on stock wires
for some time. This is also what the magnecor guys
said.

You are right about stock and I'd like to buy stock
wires, but over here in Singapore, it will cost me a
cool s$400 dollars (1.75singapore$ = 1 US$) to get
them, while the higher range magnecor wire (8.5 mm) ,
even with shipping and all, will still be cheaper by
far. I'm going with the magnecor guy's recommendation
and ordering the 7mm (their cheapest wires) for my
520i. At  us$67 + us$20 for shipping + 6% tax, it is
less than half what the dealers here want for a new
set of stock wires. Magnecor said that the 7mm would
fit the loom perfectly, and the 8.5mm which are the
trick ones, are recommended when you have boosted the
spark or have a modified engine. Otherwise, the extra
money may be wasted. They seem like very honest and
trustworthy people who know what they are talking
about.

Once again, Thanks to all for your comments.