RE: <E30> 86 M325 is anyone familiar with this ?

Mike Theuri [mailto:mikesoft@domain.elided] wrote:

> I came across a car which is an '86 M325. I talked to the
> seller who is selling the car and from his description (he
> is not BMW savvy) it appears to me to have all the thrills
> of an E30 M3.

Sorry, Mike,
That 'M' in the '86 M325 is 100% fake.
Not to offend 'eta' fans on this list, but the car in question offers very
few thrills compared to an E30 M3.

> Its a 5 spd, about 160K on the odo. The Vin number is
> WBAAB5405F9512361, he lives quite a distance away from me and
> I am trying to determine whether this is worth the trip.

Unless you are shopping for an 'eta', I can't think of any reason to drive 5
minutes to look at that car.

YMMV,
alex f