<E30> 86 M325 is anyone familiar with this ?

I came across a car which is an '86 M325. I talked to the seller who is
selling the car and from his description (he is not BMW savvy) it appears
to me to have all the thrills of an E30 M3. Its a 5 spd, about 160K on the
odo. The Vin number is WBAAB5405F9512361, he lives quite a distance
away from me and I am trying to determine whether this is worth the trip.
I had a similar experience with an 85 M535 and it turned out to be a
regular M spec'd 535 that was over priced. Is anyone familiar with this
model. Thanks

Mike Theuri
93 318i