RE: <E34> Alarm actuator

To my knowledge BMW sold a version of the Alpine 8030 car alarm as their
dealer install / accessory alarm.  I am unsure about the factory alarm.  The
case for the Alpine 3 button alarm remote and a complete remote (8400) is
available from Pacific Coast Parts URL:
https://www.pacparts.com/default.html

Alpine 8070 and 8030 and the 8400 alarm remote look identical to the BMW
accessory alarm sold in the early 90's.  I actually purchased a BMW
accessory alarm advertised at the dealer as a "plug-in" alarm for my M6.
When I got the alarm home and discovered I would have to splice and/or wire
in most of the alarm functions I took the alarm back to the dealer and
purchased an Alpine 8070 and all the optional sensors with a 4 button
remote(8401) for the same money at a local car stereo store.  I have since
installed the Alpine's with the full boat of alarm options(hood, trunk, door
switches - impact, motion sensors - flashing lights - starter disable) in 2
additional cars and use a universal remote control receiver(8314) for the 2
garage doors.
With a single 8401, 4 button remote, I control 3 cars and 2 garage doors.