1994 E36 Instrument Cluster

Hello Digest!

Been away for a little while, but happy to be back on the digest.  I'm having
a problem with my intrument cluster the gauges, (Gas, Speedo, Tach, Temp) all
stop working and then come back on (while the car is running, but the car
stays running.)

The dealer tried to reset it and said that might have fixed it (but it
didn't).  They say I need a new cluster which is kind of expensive.  Does
anyone know if there's any relays or fuses that I might try first off - or if
this is a common problem?

Thanks, please reply to me at: scottshortt@domain.elided

Scott Shortt