'88 528e Electronics counsel sought -- how to post?

Would appreciate some electronics counsel...

After a couple of hours of back-end-sliding thru a snow storm, my '88 528e's
anti-lock brakes light went on.  Plus the tach and flashers ceased
functioning, the door locks became manual and the radio had to be recoded each
time I started the car.

I fiddled with the fuse box and relays near it, but things stayed the same.
Then about a week later, I fiddled again. No immediate results, but a day
later, they all returned.  Except that my instrument cluster lights are out
(not the drive indicators, which work, but the service lights, speedo
illuminator -- pls. note the gauges all work) and I get check engine and
license plate warnings when I start up.  The license plate warning stays on
even after I reset.

My questions are...

Are there more relays than the three (I think it is) near the fuse box?

Do you think all of the items above are controlled by one relay I could
replace?

If not a relay issue, would the gauge display light and license plate warning
problem be related?

Any perspective, thoughts, advice apreciated.

Tom Borden