driveshaft removal

I'm replacing the clutch on my 535is next week and am trying to get everything prepped so i can
put the new parts in when they get here. I have a few questions for anyone with experience.

For the drive shaft, do you recommend removing the entire driveshaft or just disconnecting the
front section? I'm having a hell of a time with the front bolts.

If I should remove the entire drive shaft, what can be used to loosen the sliding coupling clamp
in lieu of the BMW tool?

Anybody on the list in Round Rock / Austin feel like getting their hands dirty and helping me out?
Let me know, I'll buy the beer and pizza.

=====
Phil  Dupont
BMWCCA # 194371
88 BMW 535is