RE: Ox. Sensor replacement on an 89 325i

JHahn22@domain.elided [mailto:JHahn22@domain.elided] wrote:

> Hello again everyone,
> Has anyone found any other oxygen sensor that works in place
> of the official $120 one?
> I read on one website (which I can't seem to find now) that the
> ox. sensor for an early 90's 5.0 mustang O2 sensor (which was
> about $35) was the same one except for the plug, which could be
> spliced/soldered/crimped on there fairly easily.

Jake,
Most Roundel advertisers sell E30 02 sensors for around $70 after the CCA
discount.
The Mustang sensor is the same except for the wiring that needs to be
spliced from the old E30 02 sensor. I don't have the exact cost of the part
#s for the Mustang sensor since I ordered my mail order from the Roundel
advertisers.

alex f