Ox. Sensor replacement on an 89 325i

Hello again everyone,
Has anyone found any other oxygen sensor that works in place of the official
$120 one?  I read on one website (which I can't seem to find now) that the
ox. sensor for an early 90's 5.0 mustang O2 sensor (which was about $35) was
the same one except for the plug, which could be spliced/soldered/crimped on
there fairly easily.  If anybody knows what I'm talking about, or knows of
another usable substitute, please let me know.
Thanks
Jake Hahn
89 BMW 325i