Dual Mass Flywheel Resurfacing

My flywheel needs to be resurfaced. I was ready to bring it to UAP, but I
first check with my dealer to know if they has a better shop to suggest me.
The part guy said they don't have any specific place, they go anywhere,
then comes his boss who says that a dual mass flywheel cannot be
resurfaced! In the Bentley manual it says" no problem" then the parts guy
says to his boss, that yes it can, they already did some in the past year.
Then the boss (who I think wants to sell a flywheel) says that it won't
give good results.

Well, I'm asking the list. Does anyone had a dual mass flywheel resurfaced
and was happy with the results?

Also in the Bentley, they talk about a ridge that need to be there. If you
remove too much material and go flush with the ridge, then a new ridge
needs to be machined. I don't see what is that ridge they talk about, and
why it is needed.  Any tip on this one?

Thanks
Michel Drainville
91 318ic