to cross drill? or not?

>hi
>on a m3, looking to upgrade the brakes but not by spending 3000 on a new
>kit
>

>here's my options

It might help if we knew what the application was (street, track, autox, etc).

Anyway, for the street, IMO all those options are a waste of money. Get a
set of Brembos from Steve D'G at The Ultimate Garage
(www.ultimategarage.com). $120/pair for the front, IIRC.

For the track, you *may* get some added benefit from drilled or slotted
rotors, but I'm not sure. I'm currently running a set of drilled rotors on
the front for the track, and I don't notice too much of a difference over
the Brembos I had been using. I've warped the Euro Floaters on the track,
so I don't think they're worth the extra money, either. My best experience
has been with a set of frozen Brembos - wore out before they warped, which
was a first :-)

Hope that helps,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4 - 15-18 track events/year, rotors are disposable items :-)