Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest II (May 5th)

To All Interested 2002 enthusiasts:

Please mark your calendars for Saturday May 5, 2001 for the second annual
Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest (and that's Atlantik with a "k"...like the German
spelling)....I didn't mis-spell it!<g>  Mid-Atlantik '02 Fest II will be held
at Shenandoah River State Park, Bentonville, Virginia (same place as last
year)...parking for 55 cars....let's fill up the lot with '02's!!!!!!!!  It
was almost full last year <g>.

This year should be even better than the inaugural event last year!  Whether
your '02 is a beater, a daily driver, a race car, or a garage queen....they
are all welcome at this event.

Last year "everyone" went home with a door prize...some had more than one!
That is because of the wonderful support we get from the event sponsors.
This year (so far) the event sponsors are as follows:

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA
Nittany Bimmers Chapter BMW CCA
Cumberland Valley Motors BMW, Mechanicsburg, PA
Maximillian Importing
Bimmer Parts Company
2002 AD
2002 Haus
CNPR/La Jolla Independent, Inc.
The Tire Rack
Csi
Rocky Mountain Motorworks
Curt Ingraham (Silicon Garage) 2002 Radiators
Griot's Garage

Pretty impressive huh?  Well, plan on coming and spending the entire day with
fellow enthusiasts, and trade stories, compare cars and upgrades, get help
with that nagging problem, or just lounge around and gawk at all the
wonderful 2002's lined up with hoods open!

The agenda will be similar to last year, with some added items.....first,
there will be "Food", and there will be a scenic drive for those interested,
coordinated by one of our own David Roach and "Molly", his beautiful '73 Inka
Orange 2002....Molly can lead and let everyone know we're coming!<g>

The reason I am writing now is to obtain an idea of how many attendees to
expect this year...I am not requiring "pre-registration" at this point, but
"Please" let me know your intentions with regard to the following:

1. Are you planning on attending?
2. Will you be driving your 2002 (or 1600)?
3. Will you buy food if it is available? (It may be donated)
4. Would you be interested in a T-Shirt (Hanes Beefy-T) for Mid-Atlantik '02
Fest II?

Agenda will also include:

Swap meet (bring those '02 goodies you want to sell or trade)
Voting on the cars for awards
Door Prizes (they're great again this year!...you'll be pleased with the
choices)

Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Place: Shenandoah River State Park, Bentonville, Virginia (off Route 340)
           Massanutten Shelter
Fee: I will confirm, but I believe it will cost about $3.00 to enter the Park
Policy:  Good clean fun...absolutley NO alcoholic beverages! (I signed
personally for this event, so please honor the Park's policies and be good
guests again this year)

Please RSVP me at Im4BMW@domain.elided at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and "Mark those calendars",

Happy '02ing,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646
Landisville, PA
Event Organizer

p.s. Thanks to all my helpers again this year!