RE: Emissions 87 325es

Tom,

I did take my car to the dealer after I failed in 1999.  Several things were
done:

1.  BMW inspection #2
2.  O2 sensor replaced

This did not totally fix the problem.  This did improve the results enough
that I was passed.  But,  I still failed the
test.  If you fail once then fix and spend at least $600 in GA to fix the
problem, you'll get a sticker as long as
you show some improvement.  I do notice that when my car is beside a brick
wall, I can here a loud notice from muffler as
it is running.  I believe that I have a bad muffler too.  My original belief
is that it was a bad cat.  My dealer has a nice professional
building as well as employees.  But, I've never been totally satisfied with
the service department.  They seem to not know how to
diagnose errors effectively.   I'm not a mechanic so I would not know.
There is a mechanic here in GA named Main Source Germany and
I've been very satisified with their work.  They are far cheaper than United
BMW and they have a long waiting list.  Emergancy problems can not
be fixed there due to that list.

Thanks,
Chris