Re: Rust on my BMW

Recently, on my 89 325iX, I noticed some rust on the back edge of my trunk.
There is this metal strip on the inside of the edge that traps water and
dirt leading to the rust, I'm sure.

I plan to get a few minor scratches taken care of in the spring so was
wondering if I should also remove this rust.

However, any time I've done minor rust repair on previous cars, the rust has
come back.  Any pointers on what to ask for to ensure a rust-free fix?
Should the metal strip be removed altogether?

End of bmw-digest V9 #1727