Re: spark plugs

Paul,

Your best bet is to stick with the OEM plugs for your M3.  You're getting
maximum ignition performance with them.  The newer BMWs (with individual
ignition coils for each cylinder) can deliver plenty of energy to the spark
plug.  So, to match the high energy capability of the individual coils, the
OEM plugs allow a much larger spark.

The Bosch platinum multi-electrode plugs are designed for cars with weaker
ignition systems, so they'll produce a "better" spark with a lower voltage.
Also, the platinum electrode lasts a long time, so it satisfies those "no
tuneups for 100k miles" claims.

When you put these plugs into your M3, they won't make as good of a spark as
the OEM plugs will, and you'll notice the difference right away.

- -rb