RE: e28 M5 question

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, at 19:42:12 -0500, Tom Fitzgerald wrote:

>I am the happy owner of an '88 M5 that is displaying some quirks. Does
anybody
>have, or can point me to, tips for clearing the right front side
sunroof drain
>channels and for gaining access to repair them if necessary?

Clogged drain tubes can be reamed out with a "snake". I have an old VW
bus speedometer cable for such things. Others report good results with
coax cable and heavy-gauge weedwacker line. The consensus is not to try
blowing the tube out with compressed air, too easy to pop a hole in it.

If you can't clean out the tube through its opening in the sunroof,
you'll probably have to remove the headliner. Before I tried that I'd
look for the lower end of the tube - in the wheel well or rocker panel?
(Bentley is silent on this point.)