How good is the Bentley manual?

I own an 1989 E34 535is in the UK.  I'm not very mechanically adept
but have done some basic work on previous cars (basic service, tightening
belts, etc) and I know the theory behind everything on the car.

I'd like to try and fix a few things on the beemer and was wondering
if the Bentley has suitable instructions/illustrations to walk a
near-novice like me through them.  If possible, I'd like to fix the
following:

1.  Driver's electric window doesn't work very often.  It could be the
    switch has dirty contacts or could be something more serious.  I
    can't figure out how to remove the center console to examine the
    switches though.

2.  The Sony CD player in the dash has stopped working.  I'd like to pull
    it out and take a look at it (I have an electrical degree so might
    be able to fix it).

3.  The driver's door knob doesn't extend fully when unlocking the car
    (either by key or remote control).  Because it doesn't extend fully,
    you can't open the door unless you open another door and pull the knob
    up a half inch.  I'd like to remove the door panel and take a look but
    don't know where to start.

I already posses the Haynes manual but it doesn't have nearly enough
detail or illustrations to walk me through the above.  How much better is
the Bentley?

BTW, I've noticed over the past few months that the beemer really enjoys
a good work out.  Its happy enough tooling around town.  But I've noticed
that if you give it some exercise and let the engine run up to the
redline (or at least in the upper rev range) that it idles much more
smoothly.  Perhaps its burning off accumulated carbon deposits in
the cylinder head??  But I must admit the engine does sound great
once you get past 4000 rpm.  :-)

Patrick