Hood won't open?

My hood on my 87' 325is wont open. I pull up the lever and i hear the click
under the hood and then nothing happens. Its bad because its winter here in
NY and i ran out of windshield washer fliud and i cant put more in. I took
off the bottom dash peace to inspect and every thing looks ok. Any ideas
would be great,

Thanks

Jason
87'325is K&Ncold,SuperSprint,sharked,Bilstein/H&R,16''rims w/ 225/40/16
sp9000's, racing dynamics body kit,Plat4,Wires,Strutbar,Swaybars, and still
looking for ways to improve my car.