Re: Odor in Passenger Compartment

Hi Lorenzo.
I own a 91 318ic and had the same problem when I bought it 4 years ago.
Here are the location of the leaks I found out after investigation over
long period of time.

1. short rubber hoses connecting to steel tubings over the gas tank. Access
it from inside the car, remove the rear seat cushion and the access plate
on the passenger side and you will see it.
2. There was also a leak under the intake manifold of my M42 engine, it was
a rubber hose connecting to the fuel rail. I had to remove the intake
manifold to access it. So at the same time I changed the injector O rings
and every rubber hoses that were underneath the manifold. This leak was my
major one.

It has been  ok for many years. Now I'm having a gas tank leak at the top
that let some fuel drip if I fill the tank and I park on a road that is not
level (the right side lower). It doesn't happen often but I'm fixing it
right now, just for peace of mind.

Hope this help locate your leak.

Michel Drainville
91 318ic