Re:Subject: heater filter

Bill,

Had a similar problem myself, after changing the filter the air flows much
better.

Recommended change is every 2 years. More frequent if you live in a dusty
area.
Its a bit fiddly the first time and some of the parts seem not to be made
in the best way but I managed to get everything back where it came from.
There was a resource at http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/microfilter.html but I
cant get a connection to it anymore, it maybe gone.
The Bently manual has a reasonable decription of how to go about it. You
need to use a torx screwdriver to remove the cover to the microfilter but I
cant remember exactly what size (20 springs to mind) and it does involve
first removing the glove box!

Mail me if you need more specific info as I had it saved somewhere.

Neil.