Help!!!

My Car Won't Stay On.
Its an 86' 735i and tonight, when I was at my girlfriend's house, the car
kept stalling.  It would fire up as usual, but would cut off as soon as you
took the foot off the gas (in park).  I revved it up for a little while,
hoping the idle would straighten itself out, but it didn't.  It will stay on
as long as you give it gas and only have to keep it at 1000 rpm, but you take
your foot off, and down she goes.  Bad fuel pump, I have no idea.  Some
thoughts or suggestions might help me and a mechanic save some time.  Or
possibly, I could do it myself, I doubt it though.  I'm sure I'd have to have
it towed, I don't want to drive it like it is.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin
CCA 191549