RE: 1989 BMW 750il

Definitely not a 750iL, at least not one with a stock engine. Only the 8-series
was afflicted with mismatched models with engines, AFAIK. You might consider
running a Carfax report on this car, it will tell you the actual model based on
the VIN:

http://www.carfax.com

If you're really in the market for a car, I'd suggest the 3-month subscription,
you get unlimited reports for not much more than a single report.

Cheerio,

James Nelson...
1989 750iL
1988 M5