<E36> Front turn signal not coming on as a parking light but flashes when used as turn signal?

Hey all. Merry Christmas!

I got clear corners, side markers, and tail lights for Christmas... after
installing them I noticed a strange (or maybe not so strange) thing
occurring. I'm not certain if I had this before putting in the new lights or
not. My left corner turn signal is not coming on if I select parking lights
or full lights (I think that it should be, please correct me otherwise) but
it does work when I signal left.

I got it to come on momentarily by moving the wires that connected to the
adapter at the light location, but after it came on, when I continued to
jostle the wire I would occassionally here what sounded to me like a relay
close to the firewall clicking. I turned the hazards on then off again and
the corner light went back out.

So, what's the problem? I assume that this circuit has two different
wattages (5 and 22 maybe?)... sound more like a problem with the relay or
with a short in the wires some where (or something completely different)?

Thanks in advance for answers, and please reply to the digest so that others
might benefit from the info.

Cheers,

Dave
'94 325iC