Re: Radio reset on E34

Tomas,

I can't necessarily speak for your radio, but I have an 1993 E34 and a 1995
E36, and they both have the same radio, so...

The codes are five digits long.  If you make a mistake, continue entering
digits until you've entered five, and start again.

You get three chances to enter the correct code.  If you enter three
incorrect codes, you'll get locked out for 60-90 minutes.  If you don't want
to wait this long, unhook power from the radio (pull it out of the dash and
unhook the connectors), or unhook the battery (less desirable).

As long as the car has a battery hooked up, you can enter the code.  The
ignition doesn't need to be turned on.  In fact, you don't even need to have
a key in the ignition.  There is a power lead to the radio that's always on
(to retain preset station memory), and it will also detect when you enter
codes.

Of course, with the ignition off, you won't see the 'CODE' display on the
radio, but the radio will be waiting for the code.

Hope this helps.

- -rb