Re: how long will tranny last? ('96 328ia)

It's a French made GM trans. Based on what I have heard.......
100K miles on the low side and 150K  miles on the high side.
Excellent by GM standards.......Depends if the trans oil was changed.
<a not very mechanic friendly procedure, and I believe it's not even
on the maintenance schedule........! >

Henri