Re: Purchase advice on 535i and 735i

Jorge:

I have owned only a 535, but I can tell you why I chose it over a 735.

   * First of all, I like the size of the 5 series better. It is smaller
     and lighter.  It can carry four adults without all the bulk and
     volume of the 7 series.
   * I think the 5 series looks sportier.  The 7 series looks more like a
     luxury car.  I think the E28 5 series looks crisp, while the
     equivalent period 7 series looks dated.
   * The 5 series (especially the "s") is set up for handling, not ride
     -- which I like.
   * My mechanic tells me that 5 series are cheaper to operate. He claims
     that parts -- alternators, A/C compressors -- are 50% more expensive
     for the 7 series.
   * The 5 series has been very popular in the US, so there are many more
     than 7 series.  This means it's easier to find parts, mechanics, and
     advice.  It also explains why 7 series are cheaper.

Just my view...