Re: Vredestein Snow Tires

> Anyone try Vredestein snow tires?  I hear good things
> about them but I'd like to know from experience if they
> are good on dry pavement as well as snow.

I have Vredestein SnowTrac 195/65/14s on 14" steel wheels for my iX.  It's a
great combination and I highly recommend the tire.

Besides being designed for snow it plays beautifully on dry, wet, and ice,
and it's very quiet.  This is the second season on SnowTracs and here in
Central NJ we haven't had snow yet.  Handling in the dry is great and just
to repeat, they are really quiet.  New tire technology is amazing.  The
SnowTracs prefer late apexing, which should reinforce better driving habits.

Narrow width is what you want for snow, etc. and I've many stories where the
iX felt invincible in all sorts of weather.  It's not, of course, especially
the driver, but the SnowTracs with AWD is terrific.

Vredestein also has a Wintrac (less snow agressive) and IceTrac
(self-explanatory).

Eurotire in Fairfield, NJ sells the tire and they have an ad in the Roundel.
I think the 195/65/14s are $73 (US).  Eurotire itself is a great place to
deal with.  I travel 45 minutes to them for tire-related stuff and they are
caring enthusiasts.

Jerry
'88 325iX
'78 320i